ZAKAZ KOPIOWANIA

„One language sets you in a corridor for life. Two Languages open every door along the way.”

„Znajomość jednego języka stawia cię w korytarzu życia. Znając dwa języki możesz otworzyć wszystkie drzwi na swojej drodze”.

Tuesday 8 December 2015

10/365 DAYS to B2


Do you heard about strong adjectives? I'm just reading a simle article on BBC. It seems to me that is good idea to write all of them. Fantastic, wonderful, fabulous, amazing, quite funny, hilarious, absolutely terrible,  absolutely starving, absolutely starving.

normal adjectives - strong adjectives
funny - hilarious
bad - terrible
good - wonderful, amazing, fantastic, fabulous
intensifiers for normal adjectives
very, quite, not so, just a little bit
intensifier for strong adjectives
absolutely



Dialogue on BBC (fragment):
Tom said he thought the film was quite funny. Quite funny. Now, when we use an ordinary adjective, like funny, we can add a word like quite, or very, or just a little bit, to give more information about the adjective.
Rob
So, we can say the film was quite funny, or very funny, or just a little bit funny. These words are called intensifiers - and they are quite useful.
Catherine
They're very useful actually. Yes. So Tom thought the film was funny; but Jenny thought it was hilarious. And the word hilarious means - very, very funny.
Rob
Hilarious is a special kind of adjective - it already includes the idea of very.
Catherine
Right, and we call this type of adjective a strong adjective, and there are lots of them. For example, to mean very good, we can say:
Rob
Wonderful! Fabulous! Amazing!


In my opinion it is a quite good course. Today I'm so tired, that I don't know what to write. Nothing comes to my mind. Despite that I will trying to write something. Maybe it not so bad... in the latest evening I will be reading a book on wattpad.  When I'm always tired I'm reading more English than I do. 

LINK

2 comments:

  1. Nie powinno być 'did you hear?'

    fajny blog, zainspirowałaś mnie do powrotu do angielskiego, trzymam kciuki! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. tak miałam na BBC, wiec nie wiem, ale dzięki, sprawdzę :)

    ReplyDelete